Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NuWho - Series 6, Episode 12 - Closing Time (Season 32, Story 222)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"How could who phone me? Nobody phoned me, I'm just here. Oh, you've redecorated. I don't like it." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"No, you've noticed something. You've got your noticing face on. I have nightmares about that face." ~ Craig

"Just go. Stop noticing. Just go. Stop noticing, just go. Stop noticing, just go. Stop it. Am I noticing? No. No, I am not. And what I am not doing is scanning for electrical fluctuations. Oh, shut up, you. I'm just dropping in on a friend. The last thing I need right now is a patina of teleport energy. I'm going. Do you hear me? Going. Not staying, going. I am through saving them. I am going away now." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"I'm the Doctor. I work in a shop now. Here to help. Look, they gave me a badge with my name on in case I forget who I am. Very thoughtful, as that does happen." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Well, because, because, because I love you. Yes, Craig. It's you. It's always been you. Is that so surprising? " ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"It's not a rat. It's a Cybermat." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Hey. There, there. Be quiet. Go to sleep. Really. Stop crying. You've got a lot to look forward to, you know. A normal human life on Earth. Mortgage repayments, the nine to five, a persistent nagging sense of spiritual emptiness. Save the tears for later, boy-o. Oh, no. That was crabby. No, that was old. But I am old, Stormy. I am so old. So near the end." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Silence will fall when the question is asked. Don't even know what the question is. I always knew I'd die still asking." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Correct. And the Doctor always gives you a choice. Deactivate yourself. Or I deactivate you." ~ The Eleventh Doctor.

====================================
Trivia
====================================
Working titles were Carry-On Lodging, Everything Must Go, The Last Adventure and Three Cybermen and a Baby. (REF: The Brilliant Book 2012)

In The Impossible Astronaut the different versions of the Doctor give their ages as 909, and 1103. Writer Gareth Roberts confirmed in an interview that this is indeed two hundred years after TV: The God Complex for the Doctor, and that he spent these years "waving" at Amy and Rory through history books.

The "app" for disabling the Cybermat used one of the "bonus sounds" found on the toy version of the Eleventh Doctor's sonic screwdriver, unheard on the show until now.

The date on Craig's newspaper is 19 April 2011, three days before the events of The Impossible Astronaut. It creates some problems in the Amy/Rory timeline, but it may have been used as a reference to Elisabeth Sladen's death.

This is the first television story since the series revival in which the Cybermen are not armed with any type of weaponary. The Cybermen who are seen have visible gaps in their forearm armour where they would normally have blasters and they are not seen electrocuting anyone.

This is the first television story to feature a Cybermat since the Fourth Doctor story Revenge of the Cybermen. They had been redesigned, with biological teeth and gums.

Matt Smith has said in interviews that his favorite Doctor was the Second Doctor, which may have influenced him lifting that Doctor's line from The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors - "Oh, I see you've redecorated! I don't like it."


====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.
Or watch via your computer on DailyMotion.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment