Monday, January 7, 2013

NuWho - Series 6, Episode 0 - A Christmas Carol (Season 32, Story 213)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Me and Father Christmas, Frank Sinatra's hunting lodge, 1952. See him at the back with the blonde? Albert Einstein. The three of us together. Brrm. Watch out. Okay? Keep the faith. Stay off the naughty list." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Fish that can swim in fog. I love new planets. Now, why would people be frightened of you tiny little fellows? Look at you, sweet little fishy-wishies. Mind you, fish in the fog, so the cloud cover." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Do you know, there's a thing called a face spider. It's just like a tiny baby's head with spider legs, and it's specifically evolved to scuttle up the backs of bedroom cupboards which, yeah, I probably shouldn't have mentioned. Right." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Oi. Eyes on the tie. Look at me. I wear it and I don't care. Trust me. That's why it's cool." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Kazran, trust me. It's this or go to your room and design a new kind of screwdriver. Don't make my mistakes. Now, go." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"This is what the Doctor did to me. Abigail was ill when she went into the ice. On the point of death. I suppose the rest in the ice helped her. But she's used up her time. All those Christmas Eves with me. I could release her any time I want, and she would live a single day. So tell me, Ghost of Christmas Present, how do I choose which day?" ~ Kazran Sardick

"Everything has got to end some time, otherwise nothing would ever get started." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The interior design and look of the crashing space liner is very similar to the style of the Starfleet ships from the 2009 Star Trek film, in terms of layout (though more compact) and touchscreen controls. There is also moderate use of lens flares during the scenes on the ship, which was significantly used during the interior shots of the various ships in that film. The space liner is described as "galaxy class", which is the class of the USS Enterprise in Star Trek: The Next Generation. In addition, one of the crewmen is of African descent and wears an odd eyepiece, similar to the character of Geordi LaForge.

Steven Moffat said before it aired that this episode would be the most "Christmassy Christmas special ever," adding, "It's all your favourite Christmas movies at once, in an hour, with monsters and the Doctor and a honeymoon..."

This is the first Christmas special since The Christmas Invasion to feature the Doctor's regular companions. This is also the first Christmas special not to be set primarily on or near Earth.

The shark, despite being a female, was named "Clive" behind the scenes. Smith and Belcher also claimed to have called it "Percy" and "Clyde".

The Doctor gets himself into a problematic marital situation with Marilyn Monroe. He previously had a failed marriage with Queen Elizabeth I, and he has stated that he is "rubbish at weddings... especially my own." (The Shakespeare Code, The End of Time, Blink')

====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment