Monday, January 7, 2013

NuWho - Series 5, Episode 13 - The Big Bang (Season 31, Story 212b)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Dear Santa, Thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish. It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you. But honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall. Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack but I know it's not, 'cause at night there's voices. So please, please could you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman... or..." ~ Amelia Pond

"I just don't want her growing up and joining one of those Star Cults. I don't trust that Richard Dawkins." ~ Aunt Sharon

"So the Universe ended. You missed that. 102 A.D. I suppose this means you and I never get born at all. Twice in my case. You would have laughed at that. Please laugh. The Doctor said the Universe was huge and ridiculous and sometimes there were miracles. I could do with a ridiculous miracle about now." ~ Rory the Roman

"Yes, I am. Well, I'm not now, but I was back then. Well, back now from your point of view, which is back then from my point of view. Time travel, you can't keep it straight in your head." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Temporal energy. Same screwdriver at different points in its own time stream. Which means it was me who gave it to you. Me from the future. I've got a future. That's nice." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"History has collapsed. Whole races have been deleted from existence. These are just like after-images. Echoes. Fossils in time. The footprints of the Neverwere." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"You're a Nestene duplicate. A lump of plastic with delusions of humanity." ~ The Eleveth Doctor

"Take that look off your plastic face. You're getting married in the morning." ~ The Eleveth Doctor

"Listen to me. This is the last bit of advice you're going to get in a very long time. You're living plastic, but you're not immortal. I have no idea how long you'll last. And you're not indestructible. Stay away from heat and radio signals when they come along. You can't heal, or repair yourself. Any damage is permanent. So, for God's sake, however bored you get, stay out of..." ~ The Eleveth Doctor

Rory: I waited. Two thousand years I waited for you.
Amy: No, still shut up.
The 11th Doctor: And break. And breathe. Well, somebody didn't get out much for two thousand years.

"How can he do that? Is he magic?" ~ Amelia

"Vortex manipulator. Cheap and nasty time travel. Very bad for you. I'm trying to give it up." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Oh, you can do loads in twelve minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath. Come on, the roof." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"You're an anomaly. We all are. We're all just hanging on at the eye of the storm. But the eye is closing, and if we don't do something fast, reality will never have happened. Today, just dying is a result. Now, come on!" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"I don't understand. So, the Tardis blew up and took the universe with it. But why would it do that? How?" ~ Amy

"Trust the plastic." ~ Rory

The 11th Doctor: Hi, honey. I'm home.
River: And what sort of time do you call this?

"I dated a Nestene duplicate once. Swappable head. Did keep things fresh." ~ River Song

"It's not a light, it's a restoration field. But never mind, call it a light. That light brought Amy back, restored her, but how could it bring back a Dalek when the Daleks have never existed? When the Tardis blew up, it caused a total event collapse. A time explosion. And that explosion blasted every atom in every moment of the universe. Except...The perfect prison. And inside it, perfectly preserved, a few billion atoms of the universe as it was. In theory, you could extrapolate the whole universe from a single one of them, like, like cloning a body from a single cell. And we've got the bumper family pack. The box contains a memory of the universe, and the light transmits the memory, and that's how we're going to do it. Relight the fire. Reboot the universe. Come on!" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"No, no. Too fast. I'm not getting it." ~ Rory

The 11th Doctor: What if we give it a moment of infinite power? What if we can transmit the light from the Pandorica to every particle of space and time simultaneously?
River: Well, that would be lovely, dear, but we can't, because it's completely impossible.
The 11th Doctor: Ah no, you see, it's not. It's almost completely impossible. One spark is all we need.

Dalek: Records indicate you will show mercy. You are an associate of the Doctor's.
River: I'm River Song. Check your records again.
Dalek: Mercy.
River: Say it again.
Dalek: Mercy!
River: One more time.
Dalek: Mercy!

"Rule one: The Doctor Lies." ~ River Song

"History's being erased. Time's running out." ~ River Song

"A restoration field powered by an exploding Tardis, happening at every moment in history. Oh, that's brilliant. It might even work." ~ River Song

"The Doctor will be the heart of the explosion. So all the cracks in time will close, but he'll be on the wrong side, trapped in the never-space, the void between the worlds. All memory of him will be purged from the universe. He will never have been born." ~ River Song

"Oh! Okay. I escaped, then. Brilliant. I love it when I do that." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"The daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well I borrowed it. I was always going to take it back. Oh that box. Amy, you'll dream about that box. It'll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient and the bluest blue ever." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

Amy: Are you just saying yes because you're scared of me?
Rory: Yep.

"When I was a kid I had an imaginary friend. The Raggedy Doctor. My Raggedy Doctor. But he wasn't imaginary. He was real. I remember you. I remember! I brought the others back, I can bring you home too. Raggedy Man, I remember you and you are late for my wedding!" ~ Amy Williams

"It's the Doctor. How did we forget the Doctor? I was plastic. He was the stripper at my stag. Long story." ~ Rory

The 11th Doctor: "Are you married, River?"
River: "Are you asking?"
The 11th Doctor: "Yes."
River: "Yes."
The 11th Doctor: "No. Hang on.  Did you think I was asking you to marry me or, or, or asking if you were married?"
River: "Yes."
The 11th Doctor: "No, but was that yes, or yes?"
River: "Yes."

"Well no, I get that it's important. An Egyptian goddess loose on the Orient Express. In space. Give us a mo'." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The Blinovitch Limitation Effect occurs in a very small way when the Doctor taps the sonic screwdriver iterations together.

According to Russell T. Davies, closing the cracks in time also resulted in the closing of the Cardiff Rift.

This is the first episode in the entire history of Doctor Who where the current Doctor has interacted with a version of himself in the same incarnation. The Third Doctor spoke briefly with a future version of himself in the same incarnation in Day of the Daleks, but did not have physical contact with his counterpart. Similarly, the Ninth Doctor saw an earlier version of himself in the same incarnation in Father's Day, but did not speak nor interact with himself.

This is the first time a BBC Wales finale does not feature the departure of a main character. However, it does result in a change of cast. Rory, who had previously been a recurring character who had ostensibly died, becomes a full-time companion in the final scene.

The Seventh Doctor held a mop while wearing a fez during his time at Windsor Castle. (Silver Nemesis)

The Doctor says that fezzes are cool, much in the same way he has said bow ties are cool throughout the series. This may also be a reference to the fact Matt Smith wanted the costume to develop, even saying he would like a hat. (The Eleventh Hour, Amy's Choice, Vincent and the Doctor)

This is the second time that the Doctor has been seen to (willingly) dance. (The Doctor Dances) In this case, however, he is an awful dancer - Amy shrieks "You're embarrassing!", but the children are clearly enjoying the spectacle (perhaps he deliberately dances badly to keep them entertained?).

====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment