Sunday, January 13, 2013

NuWho - Series 6, Episode 10 - The Girl Who Waited (Season 32, Story 220)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Beautiful word, beautiful world. Apalapucia, voted number two planet in the top ten greatest destinations for the discerning intergalactic traveller." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Your mobile telephone?  I bring you to a paradise planet two billion light years from earth and you want to update Twitter?" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Sunsets, spires, soaring silver colonnades. It's a camera phone." ~ Amy Pond

"A week? I'm so sorry. Ah-ha. Same room, different times. Two different timestreams running parallel but at different speeds. Amy, you're in a faster timestream." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Statement rejected. Apalapucia is under planet-wide quarantine. This is a kindness facility for those infected with Chen Seven." ~ Handbot

"Locking it on to Amy. Small act of vandalism. No one'll mind. Ah, that'll be the small act of vandalism alarm." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"This is a kindness. Do not be alarmed. This is a kindness. This is a kindness. Do not be alarmed." ~ Handbot

"Bit of Earth, bit of alien, bit of...whatever the hell that is." ~ Rory Williams

"I've been on my own here a long, long time. I've had decades to think nice thoughts about him. Got a bit harder to stay charitable once I entered decade four." ~ Amy Pond

"Hey, I don't care that you got old. I care that we didn't grow old together. Amy, come on, please." ~ Rory Williams

"And there he is. The voice of God. Survive, because no one's going to come for you. Number one lesson." ~ Amy Pond

"Don't you lecture me, blue box man flying through time and space on whimsey.  All I've had for 36 year is cold, hard reality. So no, I don't have a sonic screwdriver because I'm not off on a romp.  I call it what is it. A probe. And I call my life what it is.  Hell." ~ Amy Pond

Amy: They look ridiculous.
Rory: That's what I told him. Still, anything beats a fez, eh?

"Woman with a sword. Don't push it." ~ Amy Pond

"I will die. Another Amy will take my place. An Amy who never got trapped at Twostreams, an Amy who grew old with you, and she, in thirty six years, won't be me." ~ Amy Pond

"You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful and then you actually talk to them, and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick? Then there's other people, and you meet them and think, not bad, they're okay. And then you get to know them, and their face just sort of becomes them, like their personality's written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful. Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met." ~ Amy Pond

"You're asking me to defy destiny, causality, the nexus of time itself, for a boy." ~ Amy Pond

"Yes, except sometimes knowing your own future's what enables you to change it. Especially if you're bloody minded, contradictory and completely unpredictable." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"This isn't fair. You're turning me into you." ~ Rory Williams

====================================
Trivia
====================================
Clom is mentioned in the episode as being a location of a future Disneyland.

When the Doctor looks for the glasses, a small tape player looking device activates on the TARDIS console and the 1963 Doctor Who theme can be heard, played backwards.

The lobby where Amy first encounters the Interface is identical to the lobby of the New New York Hospital seen in New Earth. Both were filmed at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff.  Other locations used for this episode include Dyffryn Gardens, Uskmouth Power Station, and Mamhilad Park Industrial Estate.

The title, The Girl Who Waited, references the Doctor's nickname of Amy, given because she waited for him for so long after they first met.

The cast list for this episode is the shortest of any full length episode of modern Doctor Who.

====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment