Sunday, January 13, 2013

NuWho - Series 6, Episode 11 - The God Complex (Season 32, Story 221)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Let's go to Ravan-Skala, he says. The people are six hundred feet tall. You have to talk to them in hot air balloons and the Tourist Information Centre is made of one of their hats, he says. I'm sorry, but I don't see any huge hats." ~ Amy Pond

"Oh, you're good. Oh, she's good. Amy, with regret, you're fired." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Okay, this is bad. At the moment, I don't know how bad, but certainly we're three buses, a long walk and eight quid in a taxi from good." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Here comes a candle to light you to bed. Here comes a chopper to chop off your head. Chop, chop, chop, chop." ~ Joe

Howie: You see, the US government has entire cities hidden in the Norwegian mountains. You see, Earth is on a collision course with this other planet, and this is where they're going to send all the rich people when it kicks off.
Rory: Amazing.
Howie: It's all there on the internet.
Rory: No, it's amazing you've come up with a theory even more insane than what's actually happening

"Listen, the Doctor's been part of my life for so long now, and he's never let me down.  Even when I thought he had, when I was a kid and he left me. He came back.  He saved me. And now he's going to save you.  But don't tell him I said that because the smugness would be terrifying." ~ Amy Pond

"Every time the Doctor gets pally with someone, I have this overwhelming urge to notify their next of kin." ~ Rory Williams

"I want to do is go home and be conquered and oppressed. Is that too much to ask?!" ~ Gibbis

"Bring me death! Bring me glory! My master, my lord, I'm here! Come to me. I'm waiting here for you. He has promised me a glorious death. Give it to me now. I want him to know my devotion. Praise him. Praise him. Let his name be the last thing I hear. Let his breath on my skin be the last thing I feel. I was lost in shadows, but he found me. His love was a beacon that led me from darkness to light, and now I am blinded by his majesty. Humbled by his glory! Praise him." ~ Howie

"Nothing personal. I just think we should take things slowly. Get to know each other. You take people's most primal fears and pop it in a room. A tailor-made hell, just for them. Why? Did you say they take? Ah, what is that word? The guard? No, the warden? This is a prison." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"So what are we, cell mates? Lunch? We are not ripe. This is what Joe said, that we weren't ready. So, what, what, you make us ready. You what? Replace? Replace what, fear? You have lived so long even your name is lost. You want this to stop. Because you are just instinct. Then tell me. Tell me how to fight you." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"I'd forgotten not all victories are about saving the universe." ~ Rory Williams

"Why is it up to you to save us?  That's quite a God complex you have there." ~ Rita

"Look, he'll work it out. He always does. Just let him riff and move anything expensive out of his way." ~ Amy Williams

"I can't save you from this. There's nothing I can do to stop this.  I stole your childhood and now I've lead you by the hand to your death.  And the worst thing is I knew...I knew this would happen. This is what always happens. Forget your faith in me.  I took you with me because I was vane, because I wanted to be adored. Look at you. Glorious Pond. The girl who waited for me.  I'm not a hero.  I really am just a mad man in box. And it's time to see each other for what we really are. Amy Williams, it's time to stop waiting." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"An ancient creature, drenched in the blood of the innocent.  Drifting in space through an endless shifting maze. For such a creature, death would be gift. I wasn't talking about myself." ~ The Minotaur

"It didn't want just me, so you must believe in some god or someone, or they'd have shown you the door too. So what do Time Lords pray to?" ~ Amy Pond

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The Doctor's room number was 11, a reference to the fact that Matt Smith is the Eleventh Doctor and that this story is the eleventh of the 2011 series. A similar "11' reference occurred in the eleventh episode of series 5. The distinct sound of the Cloister Bell can be heard in the Doctor's room.

Rita becomes the latest in a line of characters who are invited to become companions by the Doctor, only to die soon after.

David Walliams (Gibbis) previously played Quincy Flowers and Ned Cotton in the audio presentation, Phantasmagoria. His name had been linked to possibly portraying both the 9th and the 11th Doctor.

The Doctor fears that he will either get Rory and Amy killed or have to watch them die. These themes were also touched on in The Vampires of Venice and School Reunion respectively. Both episodes were also written by Toby Whithouse.

This is not the first time the Doctor has deliberately caused one of his companions to lose faith in him in order to save them. The Doctor emotionally devastated Ace by labelling her, among other things, an "emotional cripple" during his battle with Fenric. This was necessary in order for her to briefly abandon her belief in him, allowing the Ancient One to defeat Fenric in The Curse of Fenric.

The Minotaur's final words were a prophetic statement delivered both to and about a long-lived traveller, similar to the last words of the Face of Boe in Gridlock. It also foreshadowed the Doctor's death in The Impossible Astronaut.

The Doctor says that eventually, if his companions choose to continue to travel with him instead of willingly leaving, he'll have to be at their graves. This comes to pass in The Angels Take Manhattan. 

====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment