Thursday, January 3, 2013

Classic Who - Season 26, Story 153 - Ghostlight

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"This isn't a haunted house, is it, Professor? I told you I've got this thing about haunted houses." ~ Ace

"Did you know Darwin suffered from seasickness?" ~ The Seventh Doctor

The 7th Doctor: Ace! Don't touch that!
Ace: Why not? It's my initiative test.
The 7th Doctor: You'll give us away. These days, trespassers end up in Newgate.
Ace: The prison?
The 7th Doctor: Yes. It took me three weeks to try and get out the last time.

"Poor thing. You got stuffed and it isn't even Christmas." ~ Ace

"Face-ache Matthews in there says this house is Gabriel Chase. It was all falling down last time I saw it in 1983. You tricked me! This is Perivale!" ~ Ace

"I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations. Terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. Then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a universe of our own terrors to face." ~ The Seventh Doctor

The 7th Doctor: I'm not interested in money. How much?
Josiah: Five thousand pounds to rid me of the evil brute.
The 7th Doctor: (whistles) Now that's what I call Victorian value. But I'm still not interested in money.

Josiah Samuel Smith: You're so smug and self-satisfied, Doctor.
The 7th Doctor: I try.

The 7th Doctor: Ace, you haven't been tampering?
Ace: It was an accident.
Josiah: All my work could be ruined.
The 7th Doctor: That's my girl.

"You're going to help me stabilize the energy loss, or most of southern England goes up in a firestorm." ~ Josiah Samuel Smith

The 7th Doctor: Oh dear, oh dear. Skeletons in the cupboard. Husks in the cellar.
Ace: Bats in the belfry. 

The 7th Doctor: Ah, how do you do. I'm the Doctor and this is my friend Ace.
Ace: Just call me ratkin.

Ace: What about the spaceship in the cellar? It's knackered, isn't it?
The 7th Doctor: Yes. I fixed it. Uncle Josiah knows as much about it's secrets as a hamburger knows about the Amazon desert.
Ace: Sounds a bit like you and the Tardis.

The 7th Doctor: This is Inspector MacKenzie from Scotland Yard. He was sent here in 1881 to investigate the disappearance of the owner, Sir George Pritchard.
Ace: But that was two years ago.
The 7th Doctor: Yes, he's been in Josiah's cupboard ever since.

"Tricky things, mammoths." ~ Inspector MacKenzie

"You're no gentleman. Scratch the Victorian veneer and something nasty'll come crawling out." ~ Ace

"Oh, things are getting out of control - even *I* can't play this many games at once!" ~ The Seventh Doctor

"To catch a wolf, I may have unleashed a tiger." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"You're all dead! You're all dead! It wasn't my fault! I'm not guilty! I couldn't help it!" ~ Ace

Josiah: Who have you been talking to?
The 7th Doctor: Myself, mostly.

Ace: No, Control, don't do it! Please don't do it! That's what I did!
The 7th Doctor: In 1983? Ace, you didn't tell me that.
Ace: You're not my probation officer. You don't have to know everything.

The 7th Doctor: There go the rungs in his evolutionary ladder.
Ace: Go on then. Evolve your way out of that one.

"Doctor, something tells me you are not in our catalog, nor will you ever be." ~ Control

====================================
Trivia
====================================
Ghost Light was the last serial of the original series ever produced. The last recorded sequence was the final scene between Mrs Pritchard and Gwendoline where, before the eyes of a horrified Nimrod, Light turns them to stone so they will never change again. It was not, however, the last to be screened — both The Curse of Fenric and Survival, produced beforehand, followed it in transmission order.

The story evolved out of an earlier, rejected script entitled Lungbarrow. It was to be set on Gallifrey in the Doctor's ancestral home and deal with the Doctor's past, but producer John Nathan-Turner felt it revealed too much of the Doctor's origins.


====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3


Also available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment