Thursday, January 3, 2013

Classic Who - Season 25, Story 151 - The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

====================================
Quotes
====================================
Ace: Yeah, but where's my rucksack?
The Seventh Doctor: Interesting question.
Ace: Things don't just vanish.
The Seventh Doctor: No.

"No, I don't believe it. Junk mail. Used to get loads of this stuff through the letterbox and now we're being bombarded with it inside the Tardis." ~ Ace

"I went once. Didn't even have any tigers. It was naff and it was boring. Apart from the clowns, of course...creepy." ~ Ace

"I don't believe it. Junk mail that talks back." ~ Ace

"I've told you, girl, get lost! Or I'll do something horrible to your ears." ~ Nord

"Something evil's happened here, I can feel it." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"I trust my instincts, and you may recall they're not always wrong." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"I would like a ticket, actually. I'd like a there and back off peak weekend break supersaver senior citizen bimonthly season with optional added facilities a free cup of coffee in a plastic glass and a crocodile sandwich and make it snappy, you mechanic moron!" ~ The Seventh Doctor

"Your enthusiasm's overwhelming." ~ The Seventh Doctor

Morgana: Well, you have to hang up your travelling shoes and stop wandering sooner or later, don't you?
The 7th Doctor: So I've been told. Personally, I just keep on wandering.

"It's a trap! I've fallen into a trap! I've fallen for it." ~ The Seventh Doctor

Captain: Practise juggling, I suppose. Your chances of survival in the ring are better, of course, if you keep them entertained.
The 7th Doctor: Why, do they let you out again?
Captain: No, but you last longer.

"Just because I said I don't like you, I'm certainly not scared of clowns, okay? Got that, tinhead? I said, got that, tinhead?" ~ Ace

"Things are beginning to get out of control quicker than I expected." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"Fun for all the family? I don't know how they've got the nerve." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"They're coming to take me to the ring, Bellboy. They may need you to repair the robots, but I'm just trouble." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"Anybody remotely interesting is mad in someway or another." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"You really were extremely stupid this time, Doctor. I told you she was an unusual specimen. The growling, the snarling, reaction to the moon. Surely you should have guessed?" ~ Captain Cook

"You're meddling with things you don't understand." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"Something dreadful's happening in the ring. Things are getting out of control quicker than I expected." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"It must be very difficult for you, trying to exist concurrently in two different time spaces. I know the problem myself." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"Predictable as ever, Gods of Ragnarok. As I think it's been said before, or was it after? Anyway, you ain't seen nothin' yet." ~ The Seventh Doctor

"You know, when I was on the planet Periboea, I met someone who walks around when he was already dead. I must say, as an experience I'd say it was very overrated." ~ Captain Cook

The 7th Doctor: Enjoying the show, Ace?
Ace: Yeah. It was your show all along, wasn't it?

====================================
Trivia
====================================
An asbestos scare at the BBC studios prompted the idea of a story that could be shot outside the studios, inside a large tent and outdoors. This story was originally a three-parter but was expanded, at the request of the producers, to four.

Whizz Kid, the fan character, was a deliberate parody of Doctor Who fans.

Sylvester McCoy was coached in magic by Geoffrey Durham, otherwise known as the Great Soprendo, for the sleight-of-hand and other magic trick scenes. This was the first time a magic consultant had been involved in the production of a Doctor Who story since The Talons of Weng-Chiang in 1977.

Mags is the first werewolf to appear on Doctor Who. The Tenth Doctor dealt with a similar alien race in Tooth and Claw.

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


No comments:

Post a Comment