Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Classic Who - Season 17, Unbroadcast - Shada

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Starring Denis Carey and Christopher Neame, written by Douglas Adams. I thought it was a very good script and there was an invisible spaceship. Douglas said anybody can design a visible spaceship but to design an invisible spaceship, that needs imagination. I think he said that, or did he say? I think he said genius. Yes, he said genius. Poor old Douglas, I wonder what became of him?" ~ Tom Baker

"Well, not yet, but I will have done. When Time Lords get to my age they tend to get their tenses muddled up." ~ Professor Chronotis

"I told you you'd got the time wrong, Doctor. You're always getting the time wrong." ~ Romana

Romana: Go and get the medical kit from the Tardis.
Parsons: The what?
Romana: Over there. First door on the left, down the corridor, second door on the right, down the corridor, third door on the left, down the corridor, fourth door on the right...
Parsons: Down the corridor?
Romana: No, white cupboard opposite the door, top shelf.
Parsons: For a minute I thought you were pointing at that police box.
Romana: I was.

"Never heard of you. You're the one causing all the trouble." ~ The Fourth Doctor

"Did you just see what I didn't see?" ~ The Fourth Doctor

"I was, I am, I will be, Professor Chronotis. Oh dear, we Gallifreyans have never managed to come up with a satisfactory form of grammar to cover these situations. Timelessness. Standing obliquely to the time fields." ~ Professor Chronotis

"Think of me as a paradox in an anomaly and get on with your tea." ~ Professor Chronotis

"Do you know the Doctor well? He is a wonderful, wonderful man. He has done the most extraordinary things to my circuitry. Truly wonderful. If you like, I will tell you all about him." ~ The Ship

====================================
Trivia
====================================
Shada was never completed due to "labor action" at the BBC. The footage that was shot was released on BBC Video in 1992. It used linking material featuring Tom Baker to complete the story.

According to "A Matter of Time", a documentary on the Graham Williams era of Doctor Who included in the 2007 and 2009 DVD box sets of The Key to Time, the industrial action occurred due to conflict over which union had jurisdiction over the operation of an elaborate clock that was featured on the BBC children's program Play School.

Douglas Adams later used elements from this story in his novel, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1.1 - Part 1.2 - Part 1.3
Part 2.1 - Part 2.2
Part 3.1 - Part 3.2
Part 4.1 - Part 4.2
Part 5.1 - Part 5.2
Part 6.1 - Part 6.2


DVD available for purchase at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment