Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Classic Who - Season 11, Story 72 - Death to the Daleks

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"All right, but you wait until you've seen Florana. I always come back from Florana feeling a hundred years younger." ~ The Third Doctor

"Not a click, not a tick. Nothing. The Tardis is a living thing, thousands of instruments. Its energy sources never stop." ~ The Third Doctor

"It must be perfectly obvious to you, Sarah, that we've gone ever so slightly astray, so sarcasm of that..." ~ The Third Doctor

Railton: It's all right, Peter. He's quite friendly.
Galloway: We hope.

"Well, it would have saved me a few bruises if we'd shaken hands the first time we'd met. Hello, how do you do?" ~ The Third Doctor

"Well, the outer worlds are being ravaged by a disease. The colonists are dying in their thousands. Another ten million men, women and children will die unless we help them, and help them quickly. Every hour we're stuck here on this planet, the death toll's mounting." ~ Jill  Tarrant

"The Earth creatures are to be exterminated. Fire at my command. Total extermination. Fire, fire, fire!" ~ Dalek

"Well, well, well. Daleks without the power to kill. How does it feel?" ~ The Third Doctor

"Oh, he's scared of the wee salt-shakers. I saw his face when they came out of that ship." ~ Dan Galloway

"Several of the planets the Daleks have colonised are suffering from the same disease. They're dying in millions. Now they need that chemical just as badly as you do. That's why I think they'll cooperate." ~ The Third Doctor

"Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!  Am losing control! Am losing control! Am loosing, am loosing, am losing control! Am losing control!" ~ Dalek

"Well, I'm not too sure myself, but neither of you is very popular. The Doctor attacked their High Priest. From what we can gather, that's about the worst crime you can commit on this planet." ~ Jill  Tarrant

"Because they're only half robot, Sarah. Inside each of those shells is a living, bubbling lump of hate." ~ The Third Doctor

Sarah: You've got an idea, haven't you?
The 3rd Doctor: Yes. And it's not one of my favourites. In fact I don't care for it at all.

"Next time you get an idea, keep it to yourself, will you." ~ Sarah Jane

"I just heard your wind effect gnashing its teeth." ~ Sarah Jane

"You're in a perfectly safe place here. You've got three different ways to run." ~ The Third Doctor

"That way leads to death." ~ Bellal

"All right. All right, all right, all right, all right. Just a moment, just a moment! I've just had a face to face confrontation with a rather nasty root. It obviously wasn't very fond of me but it positively hated the Dalek." ~ The Third Doctor

"I really must go on a diet one of these days. Give me your hand!" ~ The Third Doctor

"Exxilon had grown old before life had even begun on other planets. Our ancestors solved the mysteries of science, built craft that travelled through space. They were the supreme beings of the universe." ~ Bellal

"You say that your ancestors were travelling in space when other worlds were still primitive? Then they almost certainly visited Earth and taught the people there how to build." ~ The Third Doctor

"I want you to make Galloway and his friends understand they've got to get the parrinium aboard that ship and be ready for blast off the moment the power is restored. Now remember the Daleks will be fully powered too and they'll do everything they can to destroy the Earth ship." ~ The Third Doctor

"Well. Now that must be one of the seven hundred wonders of the universe." ~ The Third Doctor

"Tell me, have you ever tried Venusian hopscotch? No, it's a silly question. You wouldn't have done. Anyway, now's your chance to learn. I want you to do exactly what I do, all right?" ~ The Third Doctor

"Alert! Alert! Excessive electrical charge received!" ~ Dalek

"You will climb to the summit and place the explosives on the beacon. You will obey! You will be in range of my fire at all times." ~ Dalek

"Oh, yes. By passing these tests we've proved that we have an intelligence level that could be useful. We might have some knowledge or science that they could add to their databanks." ~ The Third Doctor

Bellal: Doctor, the city defies all attempts to destroy it. We can't end its power.
The 3rd Doctor: I think I know a way.

"Human female has escaped. I have failed! Female prisoner has escaped! I have failed! I have failed! Self destruct! I have failed! Destruct! I have failed! Destruct! Failed! Failed! Failed! I, I, I, I, I." ~ Dalek

"Psychological warfare. I'm trying to destroy the city's brain. Engineer what in human terms is called a nervous breakdown." ~ The Third Doctor

"Yes. I know the Daleks, and they'll cause the maximum havoc and destruction before they go.  It's their scorched planet policy." ~ The Third Doctor

"It's rather a pity, in a way. Now the universe is down to six hundred and ninety nine wonders." ~ The Third Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================
This story originally did not feature the Daleks. They were included because of Barry Letts' and Terrance Dicks' desire to cash in on the Daleks' popularity.

This story marks the first time the Daleks' weapons do not function on screen. The Daleks can modify their casings relatively quickly, replacing their energy weapons with slug-throwing rifles.

Michael Wisher, who supplies the Dalek voices in this story, would later portray Davros.

The planet of Exxilon is actually Hanson's Aggregates Sand Pit, in Dorset.

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


No comments:

Post a Comment