Tuesday, November 19, 2013

NuWho - Series 7, Episode 4 - The Power of Three - Season 33, Story 228

====================================
Quotes
====================================

Brian Williams: What if they're bombs? Billions of tiny bombs? Or transport capsules maybe, with a mini robot inside. Or deadly hard drives. Or alien eggs? Or messages needing decoding. Or they're all parts of a bigger whole. Jigsaw puzzles that need fitting together.
The 11th Doctor: Very thorough, Brian. Very, very thorough. Well done. Stay here. Watch these. Yell if anything happens.

"There are soldiers all over my house, and I'm in my pants." ~ Rory Williams

"All these muscles, and they still don't know how to knock. Sorry about the raucous entrance. Spike in Artron energy reading at this address. In the light of the last twenty four hours, we had to check it out, and the dogs do love a run out." ~ Kate Stewart

The 11th Doctor: Tell me, since when did science run the military, Kate?
Kate Stewart: Since me. UNIT's been adapting. Well, I dragged them along, kicking and screaming, which made it sound like more fun than it actually was.

The 11th Doctor: And all around the world, people are picking them up and taking them home.
Kate Stewart: Like iPads have dropped out of the sky. Taking them to work, taking pictures, making films, posting them on Flickr and YouTube. Within three hours, the cubes had a thousand separate Twitter accounts.
The 11th Doctor: Twitter?

"Bit of a shock, Zygon ship under the Savoy, half the staff impostors. Still, it's all fixed now, eh?" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

Brian Williams: What happened to the other people who travel with you?
The 11th Doctor: Some left me. Some got left behind. And some, not many but, some died. Not them. Not them, Brian. Never them.

"Whatever you are, this planet, these people, are precious to me. And I will defend them to my last breath." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"You sent me a message to my psychic paper. You know what? I'm almost impressed." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"I don't know. I don't know. I need to think. I need some air. Who has an underground base? Terrible ventilation." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"I'm not running away. But this is one corner of one country in one continent on one planet that's a corner of a galaxy that's a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see, Amy. Because it goes so fast. I'm not running away from things, I am running to them before they flare and fade forever. And it's all right. Our lives won't run the same. They can't. One day, soon maybe, you'll stop. I've known for a while." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Ah, portal to another dimension in a goods lift?" ~ Amy Pond

The 11th Doctor: The pest controllers of the universe, that's how the tales went, isn't it?
Amy: Wow. That's some seriously weird bedtime story.
The 11th Doctor: You can talk. Wolf in your grandmother's nightdress?

"My! A kiss from a Lethbridge Stewart. That is new." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

The 11th Doctor: Dear me. I'd better get going. Things to do, worlds to save, swings to swing on. Look, I know, you both have lives here. Beautiful, messy lives. That is what makes you so fabulously human. You don't want to give them up. I understand.
Brian Williams: Actually, it's you they can't give up, Doctor. And I don't think they should. Go with him. Go save every world you can find. Who else has that chance? Life will still be here.

====================================
Trivia
====================================

The working title for this episode was Cubed.

The character of Kate was introduced in the 1995 made-for-video independent production Downtime.

Physicist Brian Cox plays himself as he is interviewed on the news for an opinion about the cubes.



Watch instantly via online streaming at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment