Sunday, November 17, 2013

NuWho - Series 7, Episode 10 - Hide - Season 33, Story 234

====================================
Quotes
====================================

"So, where's the ghost? Show me the ghost. It's ghost time." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

Clara: Sorry. You went to the bank and said, you know that gigantic old haunted house on the moors? The one the dossers are too scared to doss in? The one the birds are too scared to fly over? And then you said, I'd like to buy it, please, with my money.
Palmer: Yes, I did, actually.
Clara: That's incredibly brave.

The 11th Doctor: Because I don't know, and ignorance is, what's the opposite of bliss?
Clara: Carlisle.
The 11th Doctor: Yes. Yes, Carlisle. Ignorance is Carlisle.

Emma: Is he really from the Ministry?
Palmer: Er, I don't know. He's certainly got the right demeanour. Capricious, brilliant.
Emma: Deceitful.

"Whisky is the eleventh most disgusting thing ever invented." ~ Clara

The 11th Doctor: Not what I thought she'd be.
Palmer: What did you think she'd be?
The 11th Doctor: Fun. Can I borrow your camera? Ta.

"Don't trust him. There's a sliver of ice in his heart" ~ Emma

"The Tardis is like a cat. A bit slow to trust, but you'll get there in the end." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

Clara: I mean, one minute you're in 1974 looking for ghosts, but all you have to do is open your eyes and talk to whoever's standing there. To you, I haven't been born yet, and to you I've been dead one hundred billion years. Is my body out there somewhere, in the ground?
The 11th Doctor: Yes, I suppose it is.
Clara: But here we are, talking. So I am a ghost. To you, I'm a ghost. We're all ghosts to you. We must be nothing.
The 11th Doctor: No. No. You're not that.
Clara: Then what are we? What can we possibly be?
The 11th Doctor: You are the only mystery worth solving.

"Non-psychic technology won't work where I'm going. Listen, all I need to do is dive into another dimension, find the time traveller, help her escape the monster. get home before the entire dimension collapses and Bob's your uncle." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Oh, come on! Let me in, you grumpy old cow!" ~ Clara

"What do you want? To frighten me, I suppose, eh? Because that's what you do. You hide. You're the bogeyman under the bed, seeking whom you may devour. You want me to be afraid. Then well done. I am the Doctor, and I am afraid." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Oh, I'm so slow! I am slow. I'm notorious for it. That's always been my problem. But, but I get there in the end. Oh yes." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"It's the oldest story in the universe, this one or any other. Boy and girl fall in love, get separated by events. War, politics, accidents in time. She's thrown out of the hex, or he's thrown into it. Since then they've been yearning for each other across time and space, across dimensions. This isn't a ghost story, it's a love story!" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================

The "Cumbrian agenda" of series 7b continues in this episode with not only the positive reference to Kendal Mint Cakes, but also the negative one to Carlisle being the "opposite of bliss".

The TARDIS unlocks herself in order to allow Clara to enter, even though she doesn't yet have a key. She's done this before in The Doctor's Wife.

Working titles for the episode were Phantom of the Hex and The Hider in the House.

Filming for this episode was done at Margam Castle, which also appeared in season 4 as the Rattigan Academy in The Sontaran Statagem/The Poison Sky.



Watch instantly via online streaming at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment