Monday, January 7, 2013

NuWho - Series 6, Episode 1 - The Impossible Astronaut (Season 32, Story 214a)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"You'd better get down here, sir. She's doing it again. Doctor Song, sir. She's packing. Says she's going to some planet called America." ~ Stormcage Guard

"I've been running, faster than I've ever run. And I've been running my whole life. Now, it's time for me to stop. And tonight, I'm going to need you all with me." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"I'm Canton Everett Delaware the third. I won't be seeing you again, but you'll be seeing me." ~ Canton Delaware

"This is cold. Even by your standards, this is cold." ~ River Song

"I'm being extremely clever up here, and there's no one to stand around and look impressed.  What's the point in having you all?" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Couldn't you just slap him sometimes?" ~ River Song

"The Doctor's death doesn't frighten me. Nor does my own. There's a far worse day coming for me." ~ River Song

"River, make her blue again!" ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Don't worry, I'm quite the screamer. Now there's a spoiler for you." ~ River Song

"When I first met the doctor, long, long, time ago, he knew all about me.  Think about that.  Impressionable young girl and suddenly this man just drops out of the sky and he's clever, and mad, and wonder and knows every last thing about her.  Imagine what that does to a girl. The trouble is, it's all back to front.  My past is his future.  We're traveling in opposite directions.  Every time we meet, I know him more, he knows me less.  I live for the days when I see him, but I loath it every time I do.  One step further away.  The day is coming when I will look into that man's eyes, my Doctor, and he won't have the faintest idea who I am. And I think it's going to kill me." ~ River Song

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The episode was dedicated to Elisabeth Sladen, who passed away four days before the episode's initial broadcast. The dedication was shown before the episode on BBC1 and Space, and after the episode on BBC America. The dedication was omitted from the DVD and Blu-ray release.

This is the first episode of the revived series to feature a regeneration (albeit an unsuccessful one) outside the TARDIS.

The Doctor asks the Secret Service agents for a SWAT team. The first SWAT (Special Weapons And Tactics) team had only been established the year before in 1968 (by Darryl Gates in Los Angeles) and it's possible the agents might not have even known what the Doctor was talking about.

====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment