Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Classic Who - Season 3, Story 26 - The Savages

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"The Doctor has no idea of time. For someone who's traveled about in time as much as he has, that's rather funny." ~ DoDo

"You don't have to do everything he tells you. You're a grown man. Or are you?" ~ DoDo

"Not your name, of course, but our space observers have their own name for you. You are known to us as the Traveler from Beyond Time." ~ Captain Edal

"Well, my boy, now perhaps you'll believe me next time I tell you I know precisely where I am." ~ The First Doctor

"Well, if it isn't allowed, Dodo would be the first in the queue. I'm going to take a look." ~ Steven

"They've discovered a way of extracting life's force from human beings, and absorbing it into themselves, leaving the victim, as you see, almost dead." ~ The First Doctor

"The sacrifice of even one soul is far too great! You must put an end to this inhuman practice." ~ The First Doctor

"I will not submit to your nauseating experiments!" ~ The First Doctor

"Yes, yes. You see, Jano is now saddled with the sense of right and wrong, which makes him an explosive element in a civilization such as his." ~ The First Doctor

"You know, my dear, there's something very satisfying in destroying something that's evil, don't you think?" ~ The First Doctor

"And if ever you need the benefit of my wisdom again, I trust and hope you will allow me to express myself with my own free will, rather than place me in an oven, and try and cook it out of me." ~ The First Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================
Frederick Jaeger (Jano) gives an impersonation of William Hartnell, when Jano has absorbed some of the Doctor's life-force.

Ewen Solon (Chal) and Frederick Jaeger (Jano) would later appear together in Planet of Evil, in which they played Vishinsky and Sorenson respectively. Jaeger later played Professor Marius, the creator of K9 Mark I, in The Invisible Enemy.

The energy drain the Doctor experiences here could partially contribute to his subsequent regeneration in The Tenth Planet. This ties in with his advanced ageing in The Daleks' Master Plan, his overexertion while fighting the Mandarin in The Celestial Toymaker, and his second life-force depletion in his aforementioned final story.

8mm off air clips from episode 4 (including Steven's departure) are on Disc 1 of the Lost in Time DVD.


The soundtrack to this story was released with linking narration by Peter Purves on 2 April 2001. It was re-released in 2011 as part of the box set Doctor Who: The Lost TV Episodes - Collection Two. Recreation of the missing episodes was done by Butterfly Effects.

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


No comments:

Post a Comment