Thursday, January 3, 2013

Classic Who - Season 22, Story 140 - The Two Doctors

====================================
Quotes
====================================

"Jamie, some of the most brilliant scientists in the Universe have assembled here to work together in pure research.  I don't want them to know that I'd arrived.  Think of the commotion.  They'd all be scrambling around wanting my autograph.  No, no, no."  ~ The Second Doctor

"Circular logic will only make you dizzy, Doctor." ~ Peri

"When I first saw this station of I thought of comet strike or some such natural disaster.  But it's been deliberately destroyed.  What kind of monster would want to stop the brilliant work that was being done here?  Pure research for it's own sake, it threatened no one!" ~ The Fifth Doctor

"Jamie!  It's Jamie!  How did he get here?  He should be with me! But if he's here...where am I?" ~ The Sixth Doctor

"It is me we're following."  ~ The Sixth Doctor

"When you travel around as much as I do, it's almost inevitable that you'll run into yourself at some point." ~ The Sixth Doctor

"There was an echo. An after-resonance. When you've been locked in as many dungeons as I have, you wouldn't fail to recognize it."  ~ The Sixth Doctor

"Do try and keep out of my way in future and in past, there's a good fellow. The time continuum should be big enough for both of us. Just." ~ The Sixth Doctor

Shockeye: Do you serve humans here?
Oscar: Most of the time, sir.
Shockeye: Oooah!
Oscar: Yes, I think I could venture to say that most of our customers are certainly human, hah.
Shockeye: I mean human meat, you fawning imbecile!
Oscar: No, sir. The nouveau cuisine has not yet penetrated this establishment.

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The story opens in black and white, with a scene featuring the Second Doctor and Jamie, which then gradually transitions to color.  This is Patrick Troughton's final performance as the Doctor.  Troughton died just over two years after the original broadcast of this episode, in March, of 1987.

The idea of the Second Doctor being operated on with the intent of removing a unique Time Lord genetic trait was part of Holmes' aborted script for The Six Doctors. In the script, the Cybermen planned to extract a unique organic mechanism from the Doctor and place it in themselves, becoming "Cyberlords".

Originally, this story was set in New Orleans and the Androgums, with their obsession with cooking and eating, were created with the city's culinary reputation in mind.

====================================
Links (Watch on YouTube.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment