Friday, January 4, 2013

Classic Who - Season 20, Story 125 - Mawdryn Undead

====================================
Quotes
====================================
Vislor Turlough: Am I dead?
Black Guardian: Merely sleeping.
Vislor Turlough: I don't think I'd really care if I were. I hate Earth.

"You will the be destroying one of the most evil creatures in the universe! He calls himself the Doctor!" ~ The Black Guardian

"Of course it matters! Can you imagine what would happen if you walked out of the TARDIS in 1977 and met yourself in 1983? It's not ridiculous Brigadier, almost certainly catastrophic.  Obviously, you'd exist twice over.  And if the two of you met, you'd short out the time differential, don't you see?  The ah...Blinovitch Limitation Effect? Oh dear. As Tegan would say, 'ZAP!'" ~ The Fifth Doctor

"I don't fancy a non-stop mystery tour of the galaxy." ~ Tegan Jovanka

"Maybe the capsule's malfunctioned. I hate those transmat things. Like travelling in a food mixer and just as dangerous. I'd be afraid of coming out puréed." ~ Tegan Jovanka

"Let me tell you, sir, that I'm in full possession of all my faculties. After all, if I was suffering from amnesia I'd be the first to know about it, wouldn't I?" ~ Brigadier Lethbridge-stewart

"Well, bless my soul. So, you've done it again, Doctor." ~ Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

Mawdryn: Perpetual regeneration.
Nyssa: Regeneration? You don't mean it's happening again?
Mawdryn: Life without end or form. Changing. Changing.

"The Doctor needs my help. And, besides, how do I explain to the Headmaster where you've gone?" ~ Vislor Turlough

"Do you think I have controlled you merely to prick the flesh of this presumptuous Gallifreyan?" ~ The Black Guardian

"Don't you understand? If I did, it would be the end of me as a Time Lord. I can only regenerate twelve times. I have already done so four times. Don't you see? Eight of them; eight of me." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"I wonder... if I reverse the polarity of the neutron flow..." ~ The Fifth Doctor

Vislor Turlough: Doctor, may I join you?
The Doctor: I think you already have.

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The original intent of the production team was for the character of Ian Chesterton, one of the original regulars from the series' first two seasons from 1963-65, to return for a guest appearance in this story, hence the school setting; Chesterton was a science teacher. However, actor William Russell proved to be unavailable. Some consideration was given to using Harry Sullivan, who was a regular in the program for a season in the mid-1970s, before the return of Lethbridge-Stewart was eventually decided upon.

Every story during Season 20 included a story element from the Doctor's past. For this four-part story, one such element was the Black Guardian, who last faced the fourth incarnation of the Doctor at the conclusion of the Key to Time saga in 1979.

This episode marked the first appearance of Vislor Turlough.

When Tegan is suspicious about Turlough, saying that "Humans just don't walk into transmat capsules", Nyssa then disproves her by saying "like you did, walking into the TARDIS on the Barnet bypass". (Logopolis)

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


DVD available for purchase from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment