Friday, January 4, 2013

Classic Who - Season 19, Story 122 - Time-Flight

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"I have total RT breakdown on Speedbird Concorde one nine two.  I don't believe it. She's approaching London but the trace is becoming intermittent." ~ Horton

"Aren't you forgetting something rather important? Adric is dead." ~ Tegan Jovanka

"Now listen to me, both of you. There are some rules that cannot be broken even with the Tardis. Don't ever ask me to do anything like that again. You must accept that Adric is dead. His life wasn't wasted. He died trying to save others, just like his brother, Varsh. You know, Adric had a choice. This is the way he wanted it." ~ The Fifth Doctor

Nyssa: 1851, Earth, London. What's so special about that, Doctor?
The 5th Doctor: Hyde Park, the Crystal Palace.
Tegan: 1851. The Great Exhibition?
The 5th Doctor: All the wonders of Victorian science and technology.

"That's not Hyde Park, that's Heathrow Airport! Well, I never thought I'd say this, but let's get out of here! We could be in the path of an oncoming aircraft." ~ Tegan Jovanka

Andrews: [standing near the TARDIS in the midst of Terminal One] Are you responsible for this box, sir?
The 5th Doctor: Well... I try to be.

The 5th Doctor: I might be able to help.
Tegan Jovanka: That's what worries me.

"I suspect it's not a question of where, but er, when." ~ The Fifth Doctor

Captain Stapley: You seriously believe that Victor Foxtrot got caught in some sort of time-slip?
The Fifth Doctor: It would seem to be the logical explanation.
Captain Stapley: That's pretty rum idea to me.

"It's amazing. This thing's smaller on the inside than it is on the outside." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"It's times like this I wish I still had my scarf. Better watch out for the odd brontosaurus." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"Behind every illusion there's a conjurer. In this case I shouldn't think he went to all this trouble for our entertainment." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"I don't know what this Doctor's qualifications are, but if you ask me, the man's a lunatic." ~ Professor Hayter

"This Doctor needs his head examined." ~ Professor Hayter

"Oh yes, yes, you're surrounded by a lot of powerful bioenergetics, Kalid, but I can't help feeling there's something a great deal more mechanistic about all this." ~ The Fifth Doctor

Kalid: My familiar spirits have told me of your, uh, miraculous cabinet. The spirits have told me you would come.
The Doctor: The spirits are very well-informed.

"The power shall be used for the great work we shall do together. Together we shall scourge the entirety of space and time." ~ Kalid

"I've always found domination such an unattractive prospect." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"No, Doctor, you never do understand. You never do." ~ The Master

"These components are from your Tardis. You're stranded here! The time contour you generated was a desperate lifeline to the future. It accidentally converged with Concorde." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"What does the man want with an obsolete Metropolitan..." ~ Professor Hayter

"The power source is unstable. Sometimes it works for the Master, sometimes against." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"By the way, if the Master turns up again, don't be surprised. It may take him a little time to discover I left the, uh, Coordinate Override switched in." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"Ah, that's more like it. Now, if we can hold up the Master long enough for the Doctor to get through to Nyssa and Tegan..." ~ Captain Stapley

The 5th Doctor: Of course. That's where he's hidden the other passengers.
Hayter: But it's not big enough.
The 5th Doctor: Something else for me to explain later.

"The time. Yes, that's another thing." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"A trouble shared is a trouble doubled. I only hope the Doctor knows how to put all this back." ~ Captain Stapley

"I thought after Concorde you could fly anything, but I can't make head nor tail of this." ~ Bilton

"I'm a scientist, Doctor. The chance of inheriting the wisdom of all the universe is an opportunity I can not ignore." ~ Prof. Hayter

Zarak: Herein the new power, the force that binds and shapes us, shall be feared and adored. Nations shall prostrate themselves before us. We shall be divinity.
The 5th Doctor: Zarak, that's just a dream. The Master will use the power for his own evil purposes. He'll never allow you to regenerate.

"It means the Master has finally defeated me." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"My dear Captain, you really are the most remarkable man to pilot the Tardis, and with such precision. Perhaps you could take us to the other side of that wall." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"This place is really getting like Heathrow." ~ Scobie

"Doctor, after that landing, I doubt if the aircraft is safe to fly." ~ Captain Stapley

"Skipper, have you any idea how you jack up a hundred tons of aircraft?" ~ Scobie

"I wish I had time to explain dimensional transcendentalism. Look, I'm going into my Tardis. You stay here." ~ The Fifth Doctor

Tegan: If the Doctor gives the Master a bit of the Tardis, how do we get back?
Nyssa: He must be giving him a redundant circuit. You know how the Doctor collects spare parts.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we do apologize for the delay. Your flight is now ready for boarding. Would you care to proceed to your aircraft immediately?" ~ Tegan Jovanka

"Now, as we dematerialise, we reverse the process of the time contour and kick Concorde back onto its original flight path. With a bit of luck." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"Well, it's Heathrow Airport. We appear to be on schedule, for a change." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"Knocked back into time-space like a straight six into the pavilion." ~ The Fifth Doctor

"Absolutely, but you see, that police box is really a spaceship in disguise." ~ Captain Stapley


====================================
Trivia
====================================
British Airways were given a copy of the script before filming. They asked for changes to parts that could be considered detrimental to the company, including one line where a flight attendant refers to the passengers as "punters".

This story is perhaps the only evidence of product placement throughout the whole of Doctor Who. Time-Flight was the first television story allowed to film at Heathrow Airport and the first to be allowed to film in an actual Concorde aircraft.

When the TARDIS first lands in the terminal building at Heathrow, a woman announces over the speaker system that Air Australia apologizes for the delay of one of its flights. At the end of the story, when Tegan is walking through the terminal, the same woman announces that the Air Australia flight is ready for boarding.

Episode 1 was the last episode till the New Series to have over 10 million viewers.

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


DVD available for purchase from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment