Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Classic Who - Season 17, Story 107 - Nightmare of Eden

====================================
Quotes
====================================

"Interfere? Of course we should interfere. Always do what you're best at, that's what I say. Now, come on." ~ The Fourth Doctor

"If it's possible to get into the situation, theoretically it should be possible to get out of it." ~ Romana

"Vraxoin? I've seen whole communities, whole planets destroyed by this. It induces a kind of warm complacency and a total apathy. Until it wears off, that is, and soon you're dead. Come on." ~ The Fourth Doctor

The 4th Doctor: Well, I told you. I'm from Galactic.
Rigg: Galactic went out of business twenty years ago.
The 4th Doctor: I wondered why I hadn't been paid.
Rigg: Now that's not good enough.
The 4th Doctor: That's what I thought.

"The CET machine's just an electric zoo. For cages, read laser crystals. Either way, the animals are trapped inside." ~ The Fourth Doctor

"He's not just a mobile blowtorch, you know. He's saved my life on lots of occasions. Beat me at chess, once. Shush." ~ The Fourth Doctor

The 4th Doctor: Nothing's inexplicable.
Rigg: Then explain it!
The 4th Doctor: It's inexplicable.

"Tell me, K9, how is it that, how is it you always look on the black side of things?  Here am I, trying a little lateral thinking, and what do you do? You trample all over it with logic." ~ The Fourth Doctor

"Work for? I don't work for anybody. I'm just having fun." ~ The Fourth Doctor

"Oh, well, I'm called the Doctor. Date of birth difficult to remember. Sometime quite soon, I think." ~ The Fourth Doctor

Romana: But we can't. It's unstable!
The 4th Doctor: Come on, Romana. We must, we must.
Romana: We'll get torn apart.
The 4th Doctor: We've got no alternative. Come on. Come on.

"Idiots? They're worse than idiots, they're bureaucrats. They just exist to tangle people up, wrap them round and round in red tape until they can't move." ~ The Fourth Doctor

The 4th Doctor: No, no, no. Until the ships are separated and the projection is stabilised, it'd be like trying to bail out a small boat with a
Romana: Sieve?
The 4th Doctor: Yes.

"Will you listen to me, please? Stott and I came through one. It's perfectly all right if it's on the edge of a hull. All you need is a little determination." ~ The Fourth Doctor

Fisk: Well it wouldn't have mattered much, since you're going to die anyway. Trafficking in drugs is punishable by death on Azure.
Rmana: Whereas bureaucratic murder is rewarded with promotion.

"I think a few million people becoming extinct is rather more serious." ~ Della

"Oh, my fingers, my arms, my legs! Ah! My everything! Argh!" ~ The Fourth Doctor

"Well, I'll need a screwdriver." ~ Romana

"Will you please reverse the setting on the transmutation reflex!" ~ The Fourth Doctor


====================================
Trivia
====================================

Vraxoin was originally called 'xylophilin' or 'zip', but was changed so as not to sound appealing to children. Lalla Ward strongly supported this change.

This story had the working title of Nightmare of Evil.

This would be the last time that Bob Baker wrote for the televised Doctor Who franchise until Mind Snap in 2010.

According to accounts by visual effects designer Colin Mapson and assistant floor manager Val McCrimmon, director Alan Bromly simply didn't understand how to direct the program efficiently — and wasn't interested in learning. Consequently he was removed from the project by producer Graham Williams in the midst of principal photography. Williams himself finished the project.

Mapson, longtime veteran of the program, flatly called it "without doubt, the most disastrous Doctor Who I've ever been involved in". When production finally wrapped, crew members were presented with T-shirts saying, "I'm Relieved the Nightmare is Over".


====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4


DVD available for purchase at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment