Monday, January 7, 2013

NuWho - Series 6, Episode 4 - The Doctor's Wife (Season 32, Story 216)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Me. You're going to steal me. No, you have stolen me. You are stealing me. Oh tenses are difficult, aren't they?" ~ Idris

"Biting's excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner." ~ Idris

"Are all people like this? So much bigger on the inside. I'm, oh, what is that word? It's so big, so complicated. It's so sad." ~ Idris

House:  "Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords!"
The Doctor:  "Fear me. I've killed all of them."

“Of course I was. I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.” – Idris/The TARDIS

"You were thinking you could build a working Tardis console out of broken remnants of a hundred different models. And you don't care that it's impossible." ~ Idris

The 11th Doctor: You know, since we're talking with mouths, not really an opportunity that comes along very often, I just want to say, you know, you have never been very reliable.
Idris: And you have?
The 11th Doctor: You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris: No, but I always took you where you needed to go.

The 11th Doctor: Amy, this is, well, she's my Tardis. Except she's a woman. She's a woman, and she's my Tardis.
Amy: She's the Tardis?
The 11th Doctor: And she's a woman. She's a woman and she's the Tardis.
Amy: Did you wish really hard?
The 11th Doctor: Shut up. Not like that.
Idris: Hello. I'm Sexy.
The 11th Doctor: Oh. Still shut up.

"I've been looking for a word. A big, complicated word, but so sad. I've found it now. Alive. I'm alive." ~ Idris

"At the end, she was talking, she kept repeating something, I don't know what it meant.  'The only water in the forest is the river.' She said we'd need to know that one day.  It doesn't make sense, does it?" ~ Rory Williams

====================================
Trivia
====================================
The Junk TARDIS console was the subject of a 2009 design competition on Blue Peter. The winning design was by then-12-year-old Susannah Leah, whose subsequent visits to the BBC Art Department and location filming for this story were featured in the 10 May 2011 episode of Blue Peter.

The Eleventh Doctor Companion mentions additional script elements that were cut before broadcast, including the fact the TARDIS indicates that the chameleon circuit is not broken - she simply stays as a police box because the Doctor likes it; and, during their farewell conversation, the TARDIS was to tell the Doctor he was forgiven for his actions in the Time War (providing narrative bookending to the earlier discussion about the Doctor wanting to be forgiven).

One of the code words to enter the archived control room is "Delight" (Delerium, who once was Delight), referencing the character of that name in Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" series, who (much like Idris/the TARDIS) speaks in odd but meaningful phrases. (Delerium, who was once Delight.)

It's possible this episode was based in part on an unused story called Space Sargasso that was written by Philip Martin and submitted on 28 December 1983 for Season 23.  It had the TARDIS pulled to a spaceship graveyard controlled by the Master.


====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment