Monday, January 7, 2013

NuWho - Series 5, Episode 3 - Victory of the Daleks (Season 31, Story 205)

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"Think of what I could achieve with your remarkable machine, Doctor. The lives that could be saved." ~ Winston Churchill

"Stop this. Stop now. Now, you know who I am. You always know." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Shut it. Listen to me. Just listen. The Daleks have no conscience, no mercy, no pity. They are my oldest and deadliest enemy. You cannot trust them." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"What does hate look like, Amy? It looks like a Dalek. And I'm going to prove it." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"You are my enemy! And I am yours. You are everything I despise. The worst thing in all creation. I've defeated you time and time again. I've defeated you. I sent you back into the Void. I saved the whole of reality from you. I am the Doctor. And you are the Daleks." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"Extinction is not an option. We shall return to our own time and begin again." ~ Dalek

"What you are, sir, is either on our side or theirs. Now, I don't give a damn if you're a machine, Bracewell. Are you a man?" ~ Winston Churchill

"All right, it's a Jammy Dodger, but I was promised tea." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"This is my best chance ever. The last of the Daleks. I can rid the Universe of you, once and for all." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

"There's an Oblivion Continuum inside you. A captured wormhole that provides perpetual power. Detonate that, and the Earth will bleed through into another dimension." ~ The Eleventh Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================
In this episode, each Dalek was given a different title which corresponded with its armour colour, namely, "Scientist" (orange), "Strategist" (blue), "Drone" (red), "Eternal" (yellow) and "Supreme" (white). In Doctor Who Confidential, Mofatt and Gatiss both admit they don't know what the title "Eternal" means yet ("but it sounds cool").

The Daleks seen since series 1 were designed so that the eye stalk lined up with Billie Piper's eyes. The new Daleks are designed to match Karen Gillan's height.

Ian McNeice previously portrayed Winston Churchill in the Royal National Theatre's 2008 production of Never So Good.

Although Terry Nation originally based the Daleks on the Nazis, this the first time the race has appeared in World War II - ironically, helping the British fight against the Nazis.

====================================
Trailer
====================================




Available on Amazon, Netflix, or iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment