Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Classic Who - Season 8 Story 58 - Colony In Space

====================================
Quotes
====================================
"I've made myself a completely new dematerialization circuit. One that'll bypass the Time Lords homing control. I hope." ~ The Third Doctor

"Well, what have you got in there anyway. A policeman?" ~ Jo Grant

"I don't believe it! It's bigger inside than out!" ~ Jo Grant

"Doctor? Come back at once." ~ Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"I don't want to think of it. I want to go back to Earth. All that talk of yours about travelling in time and space, it was true." ~ Jo Grant

"These are your crop records, I take it?  It's a very poor showing, isn't it? Are you operating above subsistence level? nless I'm very much mistaken, you've got far more to worry about than mineralogists. Unless things improve radically, you're in grave danger of starving to death." ~ The Third Doctor

"Scientific curiosity, my dear chap. I find your planet most intriguing." ~ The Third Doctor

Caldwell: Are you some kind of scientist?
The 3rd Doctor: I'm every kind of scientist.

"Now, if you'll excuse me. I've lost some very valuable equipment. Perhaps one of your colleagues told you about it. A tall blue box." ~ The Third Doctor

"Warp this message direct to IMC Headquarters Earth. Put it on scramble. Code two nine three. Survey ship four three to IMC Headquarters Earth. Captain Dent speaking. Preliminary survey confirms rich deposits of duralinium on this planet. Complications occasioned by previously arrived colonists can be dealt with." ~ Captain Dent

"If you fire that thing, you'll spoil your whole story. Monsters don't carry guns, you know." ~ The Third Doctor

"I was to have been another victim of their imaginary monsters. They're trying to frighten you off this planet." ~ The Third Doctor

"Well, I'd be only too pleased, but at the moment I'm looking for some lost property. It's a box, a tall blue box like..." ~ The Third Doctor

The 3rd Doctor: You say that somebody else has been trying to repair this relay circuit?
Ashe: Yes. Norton.
The 3rd Doctor: He didn't make a very good job. In fact one might almost think that he's been trying to make things worse.

"Well, I took a course in escapology once." ~ Jo Grant

"Now look, Robert, I've been chained to a bomb, hunted and shot at. As far as I'm concerned, the war's already started." ~ Winton

"You know this is an act of piracy punishable by death under interplanetary law?" ~ Captain Dent

"My dear Ashe, if the Primitives have taken Jo to their city, I must go after her." ~ The Third Doctor

"We have no wish to offend your laws. The race that built this city were intelligent, civilised. They wouldn't condemn the innocent." ~ The Third Doctor

The Master: My dear Doctor, I am the Adjudicator!
The 3rd Doctor: Rubbish.

The Master: My credentials are immaculate.
The 3rd Doctor: Forged, of course.
The Master: Of course, but immaculate.

"It's always the innocent bystander who suffers eventually.  I'm afraid you're both about to become the victims of stray bullets." ~ The Master

The 3rd Doctor: I urge you not to trust this man. He's an imposter.
Ashe: My dear Doctor, how can you possibly know that?
The 3rd Doctor: I tell you that he's not the Adjudicator. If he wants to go to the Primitive city, it's for some purpose of his own.

"Don't you remember? When the Master first came to Earth, I got a hold of the key to his Tardis. I always thought it might come in useful." ~ The Third Doctor

"Whoever that man is, down on that planet, he isn't the Adjudicator." ~ Captain Dent

"Well, Doctor, still pursuing burglary, eh? You know, when you stole my dematerialisation circuit, I decided to build in a few precautions." ~ The Master

"Don't worry about my welfare, Doctor. Keep thinking of Miss Grant's." ~ The Master

"Is that what you're frightened of, Doctor? Savages hurling stones and spears?" ~ The Master

"You've got to find the Master and stop him for everyone's sake." ~ Jo Grant

"Well, it seemed an awful pity not to make use of it, you know? But of course that's typical of the High Council of the Time Lords. Know everything, do nothing." ~ The Master

"So, you intend to hold the universe to ransom." ~ The Third Doctor

"You'll never understand, will you? I want to see the universe, not rule it." ~ The Third Doctor

"What is it? Well, er, it's, er, it's a sort of antique really, but it does have great sentimental value." ~ The Third Doctor, about his Tardis

"As far as he's concerned, we haven't. The Tardis returned to Earth just a few seconds after it left. Don't try and explain Jo. He'd never understand." ~ The Third Doctor

====================================
Trivia
====================================
David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor) was born the day after the original broadcast of Episode Two.

Director Michael Briant had intended that the role of Morgan be played by Susan Jameson. However, he was overruled by Head of Drama Serials Ronnie Marsh, who believed that a woman in that role wouldn't be appropriate for a family audience, as it might impart an unintended sexuality to some scenes. Because she was already signed to a contract when Marsh got involved, she was still paid her full salary.

This is the first time since The War Games that the TARDIS travels to another planet.

This story gives us a glimpse of Time Lords on Gallifrey. Time Lords are again depicted as wearing black and white robes, as they were in The War Games.

This is the first time Jo Grant sees the interior of the Doctor's TARDIS. Much of the first half of episode one revolves around Jo's adjustment to her new status as a time/space traveler. Though having been the Doctor's companion for some time, she reveals that she never really believed that the Doctor could travel in time and space until this story. Thus, this story has many features of the traditional "first story" for a new companion.

====================================
Links (Watch on DailyMotion.com)
====================================
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6



No comments:

Post a Comment